Insuring your farm is totally different to insuring other types of property. This is due to the fact that you must insure potential loss of crops, livestocks, sheds, outbuildings and machinery.
If you were to make a claim and your farm was underinsured, the insurance company can incur harsh penalties if:
- The full cost of rebuilding is not declared
- The correct value of machinery and plant isn’t updated to your insurer when it changes
- The size/value of livestock heard isn’t declared.
Farm policies more often than not come with a number of policy exclusions should a loss occur. These exclusions are written into the small print of policies. It’s a good idea to know what exclusions you’re policy is subject to.
AIA Loss Assessors are experts in Commercial and Agricultural Property Surveying. We will survey your property and study your policy, we will make sure you’re insured for the correct amount and advise you on any exclusions etc. This means that in the unfortunate event that a loss does occur, you’re insured correctly, making it easier for you to get what you’re entitled to when claiming.
AIA Loss Assessors can help Farm Owners with the following claims:
- Storm Damage to Outbuildings.
- Storm Damage to Mushroom Tunnels.
- Storm Damage to Wind Turbines.
- Haybarn and Outbuilding Fires.
- Haybarn and Outbuilding Floods.
- Loss of Hay and Straw.
- Damage to Agricultural Produce.
- Damage to Business Interruption.
- Damage to Bulk Storage.
- Damage/Loss of Farming Machinery, Plant and Equipment.
- Loss/Theft of Livestock.
AIA Loss Assessors Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
OUR KNOWLEDGE IS YOUR GAIN