Why do you need a Loss Assessor?
A Public Loss Assessor represents you, the policyholder and not the insurance company.
We prepare, negotiate and settle your insurance claim for you, in order for you to get the best settlement possible.
The profit the insurance company makes is the difference between the premiums they receive and the amount paid in claims.
The reason you take out insurance in the first place is to protect you against risks like fire, flood, burglary etc. When a claim does arise, you would expect your Insurance Company to deal with it in a sympathetic manner and that you are indemnified for what happened. In other words, you’re put back into the same position before the loss arose. The reality is often different. Insurance companies appoint a Loss Adjustor who is paid by the insurance company to deal with the claim on their behalf. Claims assessing is sometimes a grey area with no exact science to it, so naturally, the Loss Adjustor will often lean towards their principal, the Insurance Company.
When insurers are made aware that a professional, i.e. a Loss Assessor is involved, it makes it difficult for them to limit or refuse your claim, because they know we will do everything in our power to get you back to the position you were in before the loss.
What are the benefits of appointing a Loss Assessor?
- We take the stress away from you. We stop the insurer making it difficult for you to exercise your right to claim for damage done to your property.
- We handle your claim in a professional manner.
- We handle claims on a daily basis and successfully represent 100s of policyholders every year.
- We deal with Loss Adjustors daily and have successfully mastered the art of negotiation with them.
- We work on a “No Foal, No Fee” basis, so it is very much in our interest to get you your full entitlement following a claim.
Lastly, when should you appoint your Loss Assessor?
Appoint a Loss Assessor as soon as you realise you may need to make claim. Don’t call the insurance company and allow them to send out their Loss Adjustor first.
The way a claim is prepared and presented is just as important as the way it is settled and negotiated.
Call our Westport Office: + 353 (0) 98 25620 or Castlebar Office: +353 (0) 94 9010132.
“OUR KNOWLEDGE IS YOUR GAIN.”
AIA Loss Assessors Ltd. are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.